Knight Architects is a specialist mid-size design studio based in central London and Maidenhead Riverside. We work on extraordinary bridge and civil infrastructure projects across the globe, combining architecture, engineering, and urban design skills together in a single workspace.
As a result of international new business wins, including in Germany, we are looking for designers to strengthen our team in the UK.
- Work as part of a team internally and with other consultants, contributing to the design, communication, and delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Depending on the experience and skills, lead the firm's contribution to projects or lead packages of work, in both cases with the support of others.
- Create 3D models, produce sketches, diagrams, renders, plans, and documents, or 3D print.
- Be responsible for client liaisons and, depending on experience, presentations to the public and stakeholders.
- Work upon several projects and tasks simultaneously.
Skills and experience
- Must be fluent in English and German (both verbal & written communication).
- Masters university degree in architecture and/or engineering.
- Demonstrable awareness and passion for bridge and infrastructure design in the public realm.
- Proven professional experience in a design or architecture practice as part of a team, with excellent design skills, technical detailing skills, and experience delivering drawing packages.
- Enthusiasm for spoken, written, and visual communication of design.
- Proven professional experience in leading a project or tasks within a project, including managing other people.
- Ability to draft and review contracts, handle billing processes, and prepare fee proposals, demonstrating a keen interest in the contractual aspects of projects.
- Capacity to understand work schedules and how to deliver them to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Rhino (or other 3D modelling software), plus proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Grasshopper advantageous.
- High motivation and enthusiasm, using initiative to develop tasks with Director support.
- Excellent client interface skills.
- Capacity to successfully work in several projects simultaneously.
- Experience in civil infrastructure, transport, aviation, railway at RIBA stages 0-7 (plus HOAI) advantageous.
- Permanent, full-time position in the UK
- Salary £32,500-48,000 p.a. dependent on experience
- Visa costs to be reimbursed by Knight Architects (if applicable)
- Company benefits include: performance bonus scheme, company pension scheme, enhanced family leave, Employee Assistance Programme, flexitime, and remote working allowance
This is an amazing opportunity to work on innovative schemes. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a short selection of your best work in PDF format and less than 10Mb in size.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions at Knight Architects are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and we welcome applications from individuals of any background regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.