As a result of international new business wins, including in France, we are looking for a Bridge Designer to strengthen our team. Immediate start desirable.
- Work as part of a team - internally and with other consultants - contributing to the design, external communication, and delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Depending on experience and skills, lead the firm's contribution to projects or lead packages of work, in both cases with the support of others.
- Create 3D models, produce sketches, diagrams, renders, plans, and documents.
- Work upon several projects and tasks simultaneously.
Skills and Experience
- Must be fluent in English and French (both verbal & written communication).
- Masters university degree in architecture and/or engineering.
- Demonstrable awareness and passion for bridge and infrastructure design in the public realm.
- Detailing skills and experience producing drawing packages.
- Work within an established team on mid and large-scale international infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with design team to develop design solutions.
- Knowledge of Rhino (or other 3D modelling software), plus proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Grasshopper advantageous.
- Experience in external communication advantageous.
- Experience in civil infrastructure, transport, aviation, railway at RIBA stages 0-7 (plus APS, APD, PRO, ACT, VISA, DET, AOR) advantageous.
- Permanent, full-time position in the UK
- Salary £32,500-37,000 p.a. dependent on experience
- Visa costs to be reimbursed by Knight Architects (if applicable)
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions at Knight Architects are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and we welcome applications from individuals of any background regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.