Policy Key Definitions
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Integrity and confidence
Processing your Personal Data
Under the GDPR, we control and/or process personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- Lawful basis: Consent
- Where our purpose for processing is: Email Marketing
- Which is necessary because: we wish to keep you informed of our ongoing operations
We process your information in the following ways:
- We hold your data securely on the Mailchimp platform, using it for the sole purpose of sending email newsletters you have consented to receiving.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Email marketing messages and subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" section above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through the Mailchimp platform.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as: times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences and the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.